The Light Entertainment at the End of the Tunnel. Ridin' that train... yes, that train...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Earl's Story

"Fed Ponders Provides $85 Billion Rescue for AIG (Update: Now Official)"

It just hurt my heart to read this, and I just had to share it with y'all.
Dear Henry and Ben: There is a tragic, almost systemic, breakdown about to occur at the end of the month in my home town of Santa Cruz, CA. If I can’t make my payments due shortly (no pun intended) it will devastate not only my children and wife, but the local mortgage company (20 employees), my auto repair shop where my car is presently being repaired (10 employees), my local market (50 employees), and their wine staff (5 employees), and the local car wash (also 20 employees). This is just a beginning example that will ripple through our town to hundreds and even maybe thousand of innocent person including those that used to make a decent living pan handling quarters on our Downtown Pacific Garden Mall. Think of the devastation! And all of this can be avoided. Please remit $000,000,005,000 Billion to me by Fed Ex over night on the same terms that you just extended to Lehman and AIG. You know I’m good for it. Very truly yours, Earl L. Crockett Santa Cruz, CA

No comments: