The Light Entertainment at the End of the Tunnel. Ridin' that train... yes, that train...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Earl Gets his American Spirit back

"Fed Ponders Provides $85 Billion Rescue for AIG (Update: Now Official)" Earl is a real inspiration to me. I'll have to go look him up in Santa Cruz someday. An American we can all be proud of.
Dear Hank: Thank you for your speedy reply. It restores my faith in my Federal Government, and politicians in general. And I do apologize for my weakness in the moment. I’ve been bent over grabbing my ankles since last Friday night, and the blood rushing to my head has caused me great confusion. But, as a good Lemming American, I’ve sucked it up once again and have come up with a plan. I’ve decided to knock over the local branch of the Shadow Banking System, (SBS), but I’m having a real problem finding the damned thing, and felt really bad about it until I realized that you, and Ben, haven’t found the World Head Quarters either. So we’re in this together Hank. And one more request: In the event that I do find my local SBS Branch I would like you and Ben to go ahead and do one more of your many recent regulation hand wavings and make derivatives as fungible at my local market as Food Stamps. It would be a great help. Very truly yours, Earl L. Crockett Santa Cruz “Green and Mean” CA.

No comments: