The Light Entertainment at the End of the Tunnel. Ridin' that train... yes, that train...

Monday, March 02, 2009

Touch Book fixing to take a bite out of the big AAPL?

Always Innovating: Introducing the Touch Book
Netbook reloaded
Until now, all netbooks were engineered the same way: Power-hungry Intel Atom, ugly case, and outdated 90's OS. Our goal: To achieve a breakthrough in both architecture and design. The result: a revolutionary device that works as both a netbook and a standalone tablet thanks to a detachable keyboard and a 3D touchscreen user interface.
Me to Always Innovating via their question form:

Hi, I'm going to watch-and-wait a bit on the Touch Book, but if you were publicly held, I'd be looking to invest.

Just add a radio to the thing and you have a "Cell Book". Maybe GSM radios will be available as dongles the way wifi and bluetooth are now.

I think you folks might be able to burst AAPL's bubble, and I hope you do.

I paid about $300 for a used G1. These days I use it without a SIM chip as a micro-tablet so I can read news in bed. Wonder how the Touch Book would work for that.

Interesting. I'll be paying attention.

Always Innovating to me:

We're definitely considering a GSM radio in the future, but right now our focus is getting the first generation out the door.

No comments: